(Formerly Faculty Contribution to Governance Award)
Criteria: This award honors a faculty member/librarian who has demonstrated exceptional commitment to campus leadership and service. This can involve one or more of the following:
- Leadership in Shared Governance. Has shown a sustained commitment to TCNJ’s system of Shared Governance through both membership and leadership roles (such as a chair).
- Leadership of Departments and/or Programs. Has shown a sustained commitment to the leadership of an academic department or program. This could include founding a new unit, or leading it through a difficult moment or in a key initiative.
- Leadership of an Ad Hoc Task Force or Key Campus Initiative.
- Leadership of a key initiative within school-based governance
- Leadership outside of formal governance or administrative structures.
Nomination: Faculty may be nominated by a faculty or staff peer. A completed nomination form should include basic information about the nominator and nominee, as well as a paragraph of up to 500 words describing the nominee’s exceptional record of campus leadership and service.
Decision made by: Faculty Senate Awards Committee
- 2015 – Cynthia Curtis*
- 2014 – John Landreau*
- 2013 – Susan Bakewell-Sachs*
- 2012 – Mort Winston*
- 2011 – Deborah Compte*
- 2010 – Michael Robertson*
- 2009 – Beth Paul*
- 2008 – John Karsnitz*
- 2007 – President Gitenstein*
- 2006 – Dan Crofts & Chuck Hill*
*Formerly Faculty Contribution to Governance Award.